Chanterelle and Parmesan Oysters
This recipe for chanterelle and parmesan oysters is from "The Hog Island Oyster Cookbook" by Jairemarie Pomo.
- Servings: 3
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2007
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 6 ounces chanterelle mushrooms, rinsed, drained, patted dry, and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dozen extra-small (2 to 3 inches long) Pacific oysters, shucked and drained, bottom shells reserved
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Preheat broiler. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chanterelles and lemon juice and cook, until the chanterelles release their liquid, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley and creme fraiche. Season with pepper.
Scrub reserved oyster shells and dry. Place an oyster in each shell and spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of the chanterelle mixture onto each oyster. Sprinkle with cheese. Place oysters in a heatproof dish and broil about 6 inches from heat source until bubbly, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.