Summer Salad with Blueberries
The subtle sweetness of blueberries is an unexpected addition to a salad of peppery arugula.Return to Healthy Blueberry Menu.
- 2 teaspoons minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 scallions cut diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 small jicama (about 4 ounces) peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
- 1/2 honeydew melon peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (about 1/2 pound) picked over and rinsed
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together ginger, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt.
In a serving bowl, combine scallions, jicama, honeydew, bell pepper, and blueberries. Pour ginger mixture over salad, and toss to combine (salad can be made up to this point 30 minutes ahead of time).
Just before serving, add arugula to salad mixture; drizzle with the oil, and season generously with black pepper.