- Servings: 6
Photography: Sang An
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2001
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 small carrots, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine, and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Stir in rice, and cook until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain, and add to bowl of vegetables. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, turmeric, and cumin. Serve with grilled salmon.