Under 30 Minutes
Sauteed Pork Cutlets
Pan-fried pork cutlets are lightly flavored with citrus and Parmesan.
- 8 pork cutlets (3 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus Parmesan curls shaved with a vegetable peeler for garnish (about 1 ounce total)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Grainy mustard, for serving
Place pork cutlets between two sheets of parchment paper; using a meat mallet or a small, heavy skillet, pound to 1/8 inch thick. Season both sides of pork with salt and pepper.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, add pork to pan, and cook, flipping once, until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. (If pan becomes dry, add more oil.) Transfer to a platter.
Drizzle lemon juice over pork, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Garnish with Parmesan curls and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges and mustard.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, October Fall 2006