Irish Beef and Stout Stew
Warm up with a comforting bowl of this easy freezer-friendly beef stew.
- 4 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 1/2 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14.9 ounces) Irish stout beer
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 boxes (10 ounces each) frozen baby peas, thawed
Preheat oven to 350. In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, toss beef with flour; stir in tomato paste. Add potatoes, onions, broth, beer, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Transfer pot to oven, and cook, covered, until meat is fork-tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in peas, and season with salt and pepper.