This crumbly baked tomato dish goes well with roasted chicken, grilled steak, or pan-roasted fish.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2009
- 1 1/2 cups fresh plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- Leaves from a few sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 large tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch slices
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a 2-quart baking dish. In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, zest, thyme leaves and oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
Arrange tomatoes, in prepared baking dish, overlapping slightly; season with salt and pepper. Top with breadcrumb mixture. Bake until tomatoes are tender and crumbs are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.