Stir toasted sesame seeds into rice for an Asian touch.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2008
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice, season with salt and pepper, and return to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook just until tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Toss rice with sesame seeds, oil, and lime zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper, and fluff gently with a fork.