Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
Try this refreshing avocado and grapefruit salad from Alice Waters.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Coarse salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 3 Hass avocados, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Chervil sprigs, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine shallot, vinegar, juices, and a pinch of salt. Let sit for 15 minutes. Whisk in oil and zests.
Arrange grapefruit and avocado on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing, and sprinkle with chervil.