Linguine with Beef and Onions
Use up leftover beef brisket in this tasty pasta ragu.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2004
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces leftover Beef Brisket, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping (optional)
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Add onion, carrot, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion and carrot are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add beef, stirring to combine. Add broth, and simmer until meat is almost falling apart and liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Add sauce and Parmesan, and toss well. Divide among serving bowls; top with more cheese, if desired.