Under 30 Minutes
Chicken, Ham, and Cheese Roll-Ups
This tasty take on Chicken Cordon Bleu is as delectable as the traditional recipe but less fussy. Round it out with couscous and peas.
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 slices deli ham (about 4 ounces total), halved lengthwise
- 12 thin slices Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces total), halved lengthwise into 24 strips
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup couscous
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place cutlets on work surface, and season with salt and pepper.
Spread cutlets with mustard; layer with 1 slice of ham and 2 strips of cheese. Starting at a short end, roll up cutlets; place, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet. Top each cutlet with 1 piece of remaining cheese; broil until browned and chicken is opaque throughout, 6 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring peas, butter, and 1 cup water to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; fluff with a fork. Serve couscous with roll-ups.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2007