This may seem like a lot of garlic, but it softens and mellows as it cooks.
- Servings: 2
- 1 lemon, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 small red potatoes (about 9 ounces), unpeeled, quartered
- 6 cipolline or pearl onions (about 4 ounces), peeled and quartered
- 10 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 piece of parchment paper, 24 inches long
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Squeeze the juice from one lemon half into a bowl. Slice the other half thinly and add to the bowl along with remaining ingredients; toss.
Fold parchment in half, cut into a half-heart shape, and open. Arrange vegetables 2 to 3 inches from the crease. Fold the other half of parchment over the ingredients. Make small overlapping folds to seal the edges, starting at the top of the heart.
Two inches from the end, twist the parchment twice, gently but firmly, to seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, open packet, and serve immediately.