No-Bake Fudge Brownies
These easy peanut-and-coconut-laced fudge brownies are sure to become your go-to recipe for chocolate cravings.
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk (from one 12-ounce can)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups finely ground chocolate wafer cookies (from two 9-ounce packages)
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons salted cocktail peanuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
Line a 9-inch square baking dish with plastic wrap, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides.
Heat chocolate and evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until chocolate melts and is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Set aside 1/3 cup.
Combine cookies, 2 cups coconut, 1 cup peanuts, the sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Pour in chocolate mixture; stir until combined.
Spread mixture evenly into dish. Spread reserved 1/3 cup chocolate over top. Finely chop remaining 2 tablespoons coconut and 2 tablespoons peanuts; sprinkle evenly over chocolate. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Remove brownies from pan by lifting plastic wrap. Remove plastic, and cut into 24 brownies.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, August 2010