Photography: Lisa Hubbard
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2000
- 8 ounces center-cut pork loin
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups Homemade Chicken Stock, or low-sodium canned
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Season pork with salt and pepper. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil. When oil is very hot, add pork, and brown on all sides.
Add onions, zest and juice, raisins, stock, vinegar, honey, thyme, and cumin. Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat until pork is tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove pork, let cool, shred, and return to pan. Simmer until liquid has reduced to a thick sauce, 10 to 15 minutes.