Sauteed Snap Peas with Scallions and Radishes
Sugar snap peas, a sweet and tender vegetable, are great in salads, as a side dish, in a stir-fry, or eat them raw as a snack.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: William Meppem
Source: Everyday Food, June 2004
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 8 scallions (white and pale-green parts only), cut into 2-inch lengths
- 8 radishes, trimmed and quartered
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add snap peas, and cook, tossing frequently, until just beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add scallions and radishes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until scallions soften and snap peas are crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes more.