Crostini with Tuna and White Bean Puree
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing crostini
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- Pinch of crushed red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 4 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices pugliese or country-style bread, halved crosswise
- 1 (6.3-ounce) can oil-packed Italian tuna
- 8 Cerignola olives, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, rosemary, sage, red-pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Cook, stirring, until garlic is soft and golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add cannellini beans and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Transfer bean mixture to the bowl of a food processor. Add red-wine vinegar and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush bread on both sides with olive oil. Place bread slices on grill pan; cook, turning once, until bread is toasted and grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side.
Spread two tablespoons white bean puree on each slice of grilled bread. Top with tuna and sliced olives. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.