Spinach Salad with Ham and Egg
With the addition of ham and hard-cooked eggs, this simple spinach salad becomes a hearty and delicious full meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches spinach (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces ham, sliced 1/4 inch thick, and cut into small sticks
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
In a medium-size saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add onion. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar, mustard, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a large bowl, combine spinach, ham, and radishes. Drizzle onion mixture over salad, and toss to coat evenly. Garnish with hard-cooked eggs, and serve.