Under 30 Minutes
Creamy Fettuccine with Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese log, broken into pieces
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into thirds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill leaves
- 3/4 pound fettuccine (or other thick-stranded pasta)
In a small skillet over medium heat, toast pine nuts, stirring often, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine until al dente, according to package instructions, adding asparagus during last 5 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water; drain.
Return pasta, asparagus, and reserved pasta water to the pot. Toss with goat cheese, mustard, dill, and toasted pine nuts. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2005