Crisp Romaine Salad
A romaine salad is ideal for buffet-style dinners, holding up longer than one made with more delicate lettuces.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2005
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- 3 carrots, thinly peeled
- 8 ounces radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Put lettuce, carrots, radishes, and onion in a salad bowl. Just before serving, lightly drizzle with oil. Add vinegar, salt, and pepper, and toss to combine.