- 2 poblano chilies
- 2 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded leftover Roast Turkey With Sage
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Cranberry relish, or prepared salsa
Heat broiler, with rack 4 inches from heat. Cut stems from chiles; place on a baking sheet. Broil, turning occasionally, until charred all over, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cover with plastic wrap, and steam 20 minutes. With a paper towel, rub off chile skins; pull out seeds, and discard. Thinly slice chiles; set aside.
Brush each side of tortillas with oil, and place on baking sheet. Broil until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
Turn tortillas over. Dividing ingredients evenly, layer with chiles, turkey, cheese, and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
Broil until cheese is golden, about 5 minutes. Serve with leftover cranberry relish or prepared salsa.
SourceEveryday Food, November 2004