Under 30 Minutes
Spicy Shredded Napa Cabbage Salad
A red chile mixed into this crunchy salad provides the perfect amount of heat (in flavor, not temperature).
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 red chile, such as red Thai, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, shredded (6 cups)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh, cilantro
Combine lemon juice and chile slices in a bowl. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss together cabbage, scallions, and cilantro in a large bowl. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing, and season with salt and pepper; toss.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2010