This healthy ginger-glazed cod is a simple and satisfying dish that you can serve for dinner.
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 4 center-cut skinless cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chile sauce, such as a sambal or Sriracha
- Fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Season both sides of the fish lightly with salt and pepper and place in the dish. Set aside.
Mix together the lime juice, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and chile sauce in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until thick and syrupy, about 3 minutes. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the glaze evenly over each cod fillet. Reserve any leftover glaze for serving.
Bake in the oven until fish is opaque and just cooked through, about 12 minutes. Garnish cod with mint and scallions, if desired.