Orzo and Zucchini Salad
This recipe tastes best at room temperature, so prep it and stow it for a bit in a picnic basket or on the counter.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain well. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet to cool completely.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add zucchini and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
Transfer orzo to a medium bowl; add zucchini mixture, basil, vinegar, and remaining teaspoon oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.