Potatoes Rioja-Style with Chorizo
This lovely potatoes rioja-style with chorizo recipe is courtesy of Jose Andres and can be found in "Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America."
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 3 tablespoons Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 7 ounces Spanish chorizo, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon pimenton (Spanish sweet paprika), plus more to taste
- Coarse salt
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and caramelized, about 20 minutes. If onion begins to brown too quickly, add 1 1/2 teaspoons water to pan to keep onion from burning.
Add chorizo and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Add potatoes and stir to coat; cook for 10 minutes.
Add pimenton and enough water to cover; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until potatoes are cooked through and water is reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.