- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg white
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small scallion, chopped
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
Beat together egg and egg white; season with salt and pepper. In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Cook scallion until softened, 1 minute. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until almost set, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold edges of egg mixture in to form a patty about the size of an English muffin. Continue to cook until set, about 20 seconds more.
Place egg on bottom half of English muffin and season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce, if using. Layer with avocado, then other half of muffin.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2009