Porcini Stuffed Mushrooms with Camembert
Porcini stuffed mushrooms with camembert is a delicious appetizer to serve party guests.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Golden Mushroom Caps, stems reserved, cleaned, and roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 ounces fresh porcini mushrooms (or 1 ounce dried porcini, rehydrated, plus 3 ounces white button mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces Camembert cheese
Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add porcini mushrooms and mushroom stems and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add wine, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of pan, and cook until the wine has evaporated, 1 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; remove from heat.
Heat broiler with the rack in the center. Use a small spoon to fill each mushroom cap with the filling. Place the caps on a baking sheet and set aside.
Slice the Camembert into 24 small pieces, just large enough to cover about half of the filling; set aside. Broil the filled mushroom caps until hot through out, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and place a cheese slice on each mushroom. Serve hot.