Oatmeal and Dried Cherry Cookies
- Yield: Makes about 4 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television, August 2003
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups dried sour cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat to incorporate. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed to combine. Stir in the oats and dried cherries.
Using a 2-ounce scoop, drop the dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 6 inches between cookies. Bake until edges are just turning brown, about 20 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.