Apricot-Basil Chicken Salad
The crunchy chicken-apricot salad can go from a ladies' luncheon to your picnic basket. As an appetizer, try it on top of crackers or toasted bread. This recipe is from reader Darlene Rose Cook of Corvallis, Oregon.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 teaspoons champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 medium white onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1 large celery stalk, diced small (1/2 cup), plus leaves
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, diced small
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic, paprika, and vinegar. Stir in chicken, almonds, onion, celery, apricots, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.