Golden Papaya and Crab Salad
This delicious and healthy salad is courtesy of "Martha Stewart's Healthy Quick Cook."
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 2112
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed and cut into thirds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Lime Caper Vinaigrette
- 2 medium papayas, halved, seeds removed, and peeled
- Lime wedges
Bring a large saucepan filled with water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt water and return to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath. Add snap peas to boiling water and cook until just tender, 45 to 60 seconds. Drain and immediately transfer to ice-water bath until cool. Drain again and pat dry; set aside.
Place crabmeat in a medium bowl and, using a fork, break it into bite-size pieces. Add peas and onion and stir to combine. Stir in vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Slice a small piece off each papaya half along the rounded edge and place on a plate. Spoon 1/4 of the crab mixture into each papaya half, garnish with lime wedges, and serve.