A modest portion of smoked salmon yields a luxurious spread when blended with sour cream and a touch of lemon juice.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin, (from a 1/4-ounce envelope)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt
- Fresh dill, for garnish (optional)
- Crackers or baguette slices, for serving
Place 3 tablespoons cold water in a small saucepan, and sprinkle with gelatin; let soften, 5 minutes. Gently heat over low, stirring, just until gelatin dissolves; set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine salmon, sour cream, and lemon juice. Puree until smooth; season with salt. With motor running, add slightly cooled gelatin mixture, and blend until combined.
Pour into two 8-ounce ramekins or bowls. Without touching surface, cover container with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm but spreadable, about 2 hours or up to overnight. Garnish mousse with dill, if desired, and serve with crackers or baguette slices.