Steamed Seafood Medley
- Servings: 1
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 thin slice orange, halved
- Two 4-ounce boneless, skinless tilapia fillets
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 thin slice grapefruit, halved
- 4 scallions, cut into 5-inch pieces
- 4 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 thin slices lemon
- 4 littleneck clams
- 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 thin slices lime
- 7 mussels, debearded
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Ponzu Sauce
- Citrus Dipping Sauce
- Vietnamese Dipping Sauce
- Creamy Curry Dipping Sauce
Line a 6-inch bamboo steamer basket with kaffir lime leaves and orange slices; top with tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Line a separate 6-inch bamboo steamer basket with cilantro, grapefruit slices, and 2 scallions; top with shrimp. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Line another 6-inch bamboo steamer basket with lemon slices and 2 scallions; top with clams. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Line a final 6-inch bamboo steamer basket with parsley and lime slices; top with mussels. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Fill a large skillet with enough water to reach a depth of 1/2 inch; bring to a simmer. Place the steamer baskets into skillet, one on top of the other, beginning with the fish and followed by the shrimp, clams, and mussels. Cook until mussels have opened, 4 to 6 minutes; remove mussels from stack. Cook until remaining seafood is cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Serve bamboo steamers stacked on a plate along with desired sauces.