This is an excellent condiment for grilled fish or pork, or chicken burritos.
- Yield: Makes 2 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 1995
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seeded, minced fresh jalapeno pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss gently, and serve.