Under 30 Minutes
Pasta with Chicken and Peas
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup reserved Lemon Sauce, see Roasted Chicken with Lemon Sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 reserved cooked chicken half, from Roasted Chicken recipe above, skin removed, meat shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/3 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish, if desired
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain; set aside.
Add lemon sauce to pot. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add peas and chicken; cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in butter until incorporated.
Remove from heat. Add pasta and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Garnish with more cheese, if desired.