Warm Stone Fruit Salad
Vitamins A and C found in the peaches and apricots take the cake in this sweet after-dinner treat.
- Servings: 4
Source: Body+Soul, 2008
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 star anise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 4 ripe peaches, halved, pitted, each cut in 6 wedges
- 4 ripe apricots, halved, pitted, each cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
In a large skillet, combine the vanilla, star anise, sugar, thyme, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil and cook until syrupy, about 6 minutes.
Add fruit, reduce heat to medium, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fruit is tender but not mushy, and the liquid is syrupy again. Shake the pan occasionally to prevent sticking, but don't stir, as this will break up the fruit. Remove and discard spices.
Spoon into bowls; top with ricotta.