Sticky Chicken Wings
These wings make for an addictive snack at a casual party and are just as good when served for dinner with cooked rice and steamed broccoli.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2010
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, smashed and peeled
- 1 serrano or jalapeno chile, halved lengthwise, plus sliced chile for serving (optional)
- 2 pounds chicken wings, cut in half at joint (wing tips removed)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, whisk together brown sugar, fish sauce, lemon juice, and soy sauce until sugar dissolves, 2 minutes. Add ginger, chile, and chicken wings; toss to coat. Arrange wings in a single layer.
Bake wings 1 hour. Increase heat to 450 degrees and bake until sauce is reduced and wings are glazed, 30 to 35 minutes more, turning wings occasionally. Serve wings with sliced chile, if desired.