Sticky Chicken Wings
These wings make for an addictive snack at a casual party and are just as good when served for dinner with cooked rice and steamed broccoli.
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, smashed and peeled
- 1 serrano or jalapeno chile, halved lengthwise, plus sliced chile for serving (optional)
- 2 pounds chicken wings, cut in half at joint (wing tips removed)
Preheat oven to 300. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, whisk together brown sugar, fish sauce, lemon juice, and soy sauce until sugar dissolves, 2 minutes. Add ginger, chile, and chicken wings; toss to coat. Arrange wings in a single layer.
Bake wings 1 hour. Increase heat to 450 and bake until sauce is reduced and wings are glazed, 30 to 35 minutes more, turning wings occasionally. Serve wings with sliced chile if desired.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2010