Sole with Bulgur Pilaf
Mild, flaky white fish fillets are easily rolled and placed atop a blend of bulgur, red onion, butter, garlic, and coriander, then baked.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2007
- 1 cup medium-grind bulgur
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 fillets (about 2 pounds) skinless sole or other mild white fish, such as flounder
- lemon wedges and cilantro or parsley, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine bulgur, onion, butter, garlic, coriander, and 1 1/2 cups water. Season generously with salt and pepper; mix to combine, and spread evenly in dish.
Season each fillet with salt and pepper; roll up and place on top of bulgur mixture. Season rolls again with salt and pepper. Tightly cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake until bulgur is tender and fish is opaque throughout, 25 to 35 minutes. Serve fish with bulgur pilaf; garnish with lemon wedges and cilantro or parsley, if desired.