Red Pepper Triangles with Italian Relish
- Servings: 8
- Yield: Makes 24 pieces
Source: Body+Soul, 2008
- 5 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped, pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus
- 1 tablespoon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Cut tops and bottoms from peppers, then half lengthwise. Use a chef's knife to remove ribs and seeds. Cut peppers into rectangular planks, each about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide, then cut diagonally into 24 triangles.
On prepared sheet, toss bell pepper with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange skin-side down in a single layer and bake until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes; set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine prosciutto, parsley, olives, remaining tablespoon oil, lemon zest and juice, and red-pepper flakes. Top each pepper triangle with relish.