Beef, potatoes, onions, and peppers are panfried then topped with eggs in this savory dish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2003
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 baking potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 Cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups leftover Pot Roast Recipe, (cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup leftover pan juices, (optional)
- 4 eggs
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Stir in potatoes, 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover, and cook for 8 minutes, stirring once.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add pot roast and pan juices, if using, and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 7 minutes. Transfer to individual plates; keep warm.
Wipe the skillet with a paper towel, and put pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan, and cook until the whites are just set, 4 to 5 minutes. Top the hash with the eggs.