Under 30 Minutes
Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chops with Herb Aioli
A simple, chilled herb sauce cuts through the richness of grilled lamb chops for a summery, yet satisfying, entree.
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 lamb shoulder chops (each about 10 ounces and 1 inch thick)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
Using an immersion blender or a food processor, combine egg, garlic, and herbs. With the machine running, pour in oils in a slow, steady stream, blending until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a dish, press plastic wrap on surface, and refrigerate while lamb is cooking.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Season lamb with salt and pepper, and grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with aioli and lemon wedges.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2008