Mixed Lettuces with Creamy Vinaigrette
Any mix of lettuces can be used in this easy salad.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 1996
- 2 cups red-leaf lettuce (about 1/3 head), leaves torn
- 3 cups romaine lettuce (about 1/3 head), leaves torn
- 3 cups frisee or chicory (1 small head), leaves torn
- 16 thin asparagus stalks, blanched, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and cut in half
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a large salad bowl, toss together the red leaf, romaine, frisee, asparagus, and black olives.
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt and pepper, and sour cream. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until completely combined. Pour vinaigrette over the salad, toss to coat, and serve immediately.