Chicories with Pears and Goat Cheese
Use the ripest, juiciest pears you can find for this salad.
- 2 ripe pears, such as Bartlett or Comice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon (juice 1 lemon)
- 1 head frisee (7 ounces), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head radicchio (3 ounces), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 head Belgian endive (3 ounces), leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
Core pears, and slice into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Place in a bowl, and sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to combine.
Add frisee, radicchio, and endive, and toss to combine. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and crumbled goat cheese, and toss to combine. Serve.