Chicories with Pears and Goat Cheese
Use the ripest, juiciest pears you can find for this salad.
- 2 ripe pears, such as Bartlett or Comice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon (juice 1 lemon)
- 1 head frisee (7 ounces), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head radicchio (3 ounces), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 head Belgian endive (3 ounces), leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
Core pears, and slice into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Place in a bowl, and sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to combine.
Add frisee, radicchio, and endive, and toss to combine. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and crumbled goat cheese, and toss to combine. Serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, February 2000