Raisin Filling for Heart Pockets
Make this delicious filling for our romantic Raisin Heart Pockets.
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2002
- 1 2/3 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine the raisins, water, sugar, flour, lemon zest, and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a food processor. Process until smooth. Refrigerate filling until cool and thickened slightly, about 1 hour.