Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grates
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3 pounds total)
In a bowl, mix together garlic, oil, sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, and cayenne until a paste forms. Coat pork chops with paste and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 3).
Heat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Grill pork, covered, 5 minutes per side for medium. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.