Chopped Summer Salad
This is the perfect, crunchy salad for warm nights.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 1998
- 2 large heads endive, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 1 large Kirby cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cups baby cherry red and yellow tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon raspberry or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Slice endive into 1/2-inch-thick pieces, and transfer to a large bowl. Add cucumber, parsley, mint, cilantro, tomatoes, and red pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Whisk in olive oil until combined.
Pour dressing over salad, and toss to combine. Serve salad over a dish of herbed veal chops.