White Crudites with Buttermilk Dip
Silver julep and christening cups hold crudites chosen for their white and pale-green hues: celery, white asparagus, romaine, cucumbers, and endive, accompanied by a tangy buttermilk dip.
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Crudites, such as celery stalks, white asparagus (peeled and blanched), hearts of romaine, cucumber spears, and endive, for serving
Combine buttermilk, creme fraiche, dill, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Garnish with dill, and serve with crudites.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, December 2008