Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Our crunchy chocolate-chip cookie is enhanced by peanuts and natural peanut butter.
- Yield: Makes about 6 dozen
Source: Holiday Cookies 2005
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups salted whole peanuts
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Put sugars, butter, and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
Reduce speed to low. Add oat mixture, and mix until just combined. Mix in peanuts and chocolate chips.
Using a 1 1/2-tablespoon ice cream scoop, drop balls of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.