Madhur's Red Pepper Chutney
Madhur Jaffrey, Martha's friend and the author of numerous Indian cookbooks, recommends chutneys to enhance and complement the flavors of soups, appetizers, and main courses.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 1998
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 20 large or 30 small fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon slivered, blanched almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
Place bell pepper, mint leaves, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne, salt, and black pepper in the jar of a blender. Puree until smooth.
Add almonds; blend again. Pour chutney into a bowl, and adjust seasonings. Add dill.