Spice-rubbed chicken breasts are grilled gently until they turn mahogany.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (2 1/2 pounds total)
Set up a grill for indirect cooking over medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. In a bowl, combine paprika, ground pepper, salt, cayenne, oregano, thyme, garlic, and oil; rub on chicken.
Grill chicken, skin side down, directly over heat source until skin is browned, about 4 minutes. Flip chicken; move to cooler side of grill. Cover grill and cook chicken until cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil. Let chicken rest 10 minutes.