Under 30 Minutes
Trout with Olives and Brown Butter
If you can't find small capers (called nonpareil), use large ones and coarsely chop.
- 8 trout fillets, skin on (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered and seeded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered pitted olives
- 1 tablespoon small capers, drained and rinsed
Heat broiler. Place trout fillets, skin side down, on two baking sheets. Lightly rub top of fish with oil; season with salt and pepper. Broil one sheet at a time, 4 inches from heat; cook until fish is opaque and flakes with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes.
In a small skillet over high heat, cook lemon wedges until browned on all cut sides, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove, and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium; melt butter until lightly brown with a nutty aroma, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add olives and capers; toss to coat. Immediately spoon sauce over fillets. Squeeze lemon wedges over top, and serve.