Grilled Lamb Chops
Ask your butcher to "french" your lamb chops -- remove the excess fat from the rib bone -- or do it at home by rubbing the blade of a knife along the rib bone.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 rib lamb chops, about 1 1/4 pounds, frenched
- Canola oil, for grill pan
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, cilantro, parsley, red-pepper flakes, lemon zest, turmeric, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Season lamb chops with salt, and coat well with herb paste. Let rest for 15 minutes.
Oil grill pan with a paper towel dampened with canola oil. Place lamb chops on heated pan, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for rare.